Fox & Friends | Barack Obama
This morning my mouth fell open as I listened to this exchange between Fox & Friends' Brian Kilmeade and Presidential hopeful, Senator Barack Obama (D-IL). Last night, Senator Barack Obama lost to Senator Hillary Clinton (D-NY) in New Hampshire's Presidential Primary.
Brian Kilmeade: Senator, I know you can't read every newspaper, but the editorial on The Washington Post yesterday said that it's time for the Democrats to change their tune when it comes to Iraq. Violence is down, civil war is not going to happen. Who's going to be the first Democrat to say "the surge is working", uh, let's acknowledge it?
Barack Obama: Well, what I have already said is, and I said this a long time ago, is that if you send 30,000 of America's finest troops into, uh, Baghdad, that you would see a reduction in violence, and I'm happy about that. And I congratulate our soldiers and our commanders on the ground for that. Uh, what I have also said is that even as we see a reduction in the violence, if we do not see some sort of political accommodation, uh, among the, the, warring factions in Iraq, we don't have long-term stability.
Brian Kilmeade: Right.
Barack Obama: And, I think the best way for us to do that is to send a signal to them that we're not going to be there forever.
Brian Kilmeade: Right.
Barack Obama: That's the difference that I've had consistently with the Administration.
Brian Kilmeade: Understood. And I also saw you quoted saying, let's, uh, rid Afghanistan of al-Qaeda, and, and, if that is your policy, should we also rid Iraq of al-Qaeda?
Barack Obama: Well, right now, we think that al-Qaeda in Iraq is a far lesser threat than al-Qaeda in Afghanistan where we know bin Laden and his troops, uh, are still hiding. Uh, and, uh, uh, along the border of Afghanistan and Pakistan. That is the most immediate threat that we face in this country. It's a threat that we've lost focus on, uh, and it's one that I want to focus on when I'm President of the United States.
Wow. al-Qaeda in Iraq is a far lesser threat than al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. How naïve IS this man?





No comments:
Post a Comment