Ted Rall | Suicide Cartoonist

This is Ted Rall's latest disgusting, and what I believe to be, cowardly and ignorant portrayal of American soldiers. I quite disagree with this cartoon as I do with the majority of his work.
Rall is pushing (with whose prodding?) the Left's long-held mantra that the US military is ridiculously patriotic, stupidly God-fearing, always unintelligent, robotic in their duty and honor to fight for their country (or in fighting for the freedoms of others), ever poverty-stricken, philosophically inferior, and completely unwise. He is insulting not only our military (and the coalition that stands with them), but the families of these soldiers, too. Rall, at his website, sells baseball caps emblazoned with "Support Our Goons." Sums up his take on those that protect us all.
Equating our troops with cowardly suicide bombers is the lowest of the low.
From Pat Dollard (about Rall and this cartoon):
"Unable and too fearful to deal with the realm of physical confrontation, they absurdly argue that the world is a place in which common masculine virtues are unnecessary. Unable and unwilling to accept principles such as duty, honor and country, they also absurdly argue that the world is a place in which these virtues are also unnecessary. The thing is, Ted is not saying anything Leftists don’t all firmly think and believe in. But by definition, cowards will hide such thoughts for fear of being challenged. Good job, Ted, for this morning’s reminder of what Left America is all about."
Remember the movie Stripes? I've never forgotten the line (or its dripping, elitist, Leftist sarcasm), when Harold Ramis says;
"I've always been a kind of Pacifist. When I was a kid, my father told me, "Never hit anyone in anger unless you're absolutely sure you can get away with it." I don't know what kind of soldier I'm going to make, but I want you guys to know, that if we ever get into real heavy combat, I'll be right behind you guys, every step of the way."
Translation: Sacrifice, for me, by putting your life on the line in battle. I’ll do nothing but belittle and malign you and then reap the benefits of your sacrifice.
While Rall will not respond to e-mails he deems obscene, he seems quite content to dole out the obscenities when they are about others. This isn’t “art”, it’s hate put to paper. Hate directed at our government, our soldiers, and our way of life.
” I do not respond to threatening, obscene or completely negative (i.e., nothing but criticism) emails.”
The words of a confirmed coward. And,
” I reserve the right to publish your email in full or excerpted in any form I deem appropriate--so don't send anything you wouldn't want your mom to see in print.”
Is Rall’s mother proud of his endless hate-filled screed? Wait a minute, the Left doesn’t care what others think of them; even their mothers, they’re notoriously narcissistic and arrogant that way.
The Left, and Rall, misses no opportunity to prop up radical Islamofascism as something "misunderstood," and despite their outrageously phony lip-service about their support of our troops, the Left's never-ending discussion and constant publication of timetables emboldens our enemies giving them the precise information they require to launch new attacks or to wait out certain and specific surges of our troops. The wholly-supported and agenda-driven effort by the Left within our government to ensure our defeat and the decimation of Iraq by those same radical Islamofascists they want to “understand” is well-publicized. Transparency, during a time of war, is sheer madness. Let the soldiers fight the war they (and we) want to win without the Leftist politicians dictating their every move in battle.
What does the Left not understand about the promised destruction of the United States by radical Islamofascists? What does the Left not understand about the necessity to stay in the battle until we achieve victory (with our equally valiant coalition)? So many on the Left chant “Fear! Fear!” when the Right reminds them of those deadly promises. Damn right, fear. Fear our way of life will be irrevocably changed, not to mention the thousands of US citizens that will die, because of the Left’s outright desire for radical Islamofascism to prevail, even within our borders. It’s some sick, sad, and twisted ideology the Left has in preventing soldiers from doing their sworn duty with their frustrating micro-management of the war (which they should not be doing) in the hopes of US defeat so, in the end, they can say, “See? We told you it wasn’t worth it. Now, re-elect us!”
The Left continually broadcasts our battle plans to the enemy in hopes of a US defeat. They can lie all they want about a desire to win in Iraq, they have made their defeatist ideology well-known. Children playing tic-tac-dough know better than to reveal their next move to their opponent. The Left in our government is completely oblivious about their revealing tactical information and timetables to the enemy. What’s worse, they don’t care about the casualties and deaths they have caused because of broadcasting that explicit information on a regular basis to the enemy.
I hope those opposed to this hate-filled propaganda which demeans our valiant and noble troops will write to the papers that syndicate Rall's cartoons and have him removed from their pages - permanently.
Freedom of speech is one thing - Freedom of hate-speech is quite another.





No comments:
Post a Comment