Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Second News Presser by Obama

Second News Presser by Obama
March 24, 2009
2001 hrs
The East Room, The White House

Not only did Obama not answer a single question posed him, his attitude was smarmy and evasive. As usual. The full transcript (CNN) is linked through the title, above.

Ann Compton. Hey, Ann.

Q Sir -- hey. (Laughter.)

THE PRESIDENT: You sound surprised. (Laughter.)

Q I am surprised. Could I ask you about race?

THE PRESIDENT: You may.

Q Yours is a rather historic presidency. And I'm just wondering whether in any of the policy debates that you've had within the White House, the issue of race has come up, or whether it has in the way you feel you've been perceived by other leaders or by the American people. Or has the last 64 days been a relatively colorblind time?

THE PRESIDENT: I think that the last 64 days has been dominated by me trying to figure out how we're going to fix the economy. And that's -- affects black, brown and white. And, you know, obviously at the inauguration I think that there was justifiable pride on the part of the country that we had taken a step to move us beyond some of the searing legacies of racial discrimination in this country. But that lasted about a day -- (laughter) -- and, you know, right now the American people are judging me exactly the way I should be judged, and that is are we taking the steps to improve liquidity in the financial markets, create jobs, get businesses to reopen, keep America safe. And that's what I've been spending my time thinking about.

First, why did this woman feel she needed Obama's permission to ask him a question about race?

And, in Obama's reply, why did he feel the need to again, as is all to common with the Obama Administration when they feel the crushing and revealing scrutiny of reasonable and intelligent people, insinuate Americans are racist?

"... we had taken a step to move us beyond some of the searing legacies of racial discrimination in this country. But that lasted about a day -- (laughter) --

No one, apparently, listens to what this racist man says. Those within the room at the White House actually chuckled as Obama called America racist - again!

Listen, people. With both ears. LISTEN!

No comments: