Shepard Smith | Marc Lamont Hill
"Did You Say "Probably?", 28 April 2008, Studio B, Fox News Channel
Bravo Shep! Bravo!
I watched this happen and I could not believe Shep actually stuck to his guns and continued to relentlessly question Marc Lamont Hill. Perry Mason would be exceedingly proud.
I call Marc, "Backtrack-3". Why? Simple. It's his usual form of response when cornered on an illogical or easily-refuted point; his usual "picked the wrong fight" mentality; Marc will blurt out, in rapid repetition, "But, but, but, ... that's not what I said," when it was precisely what Marc had said.
I like Marc. He's a charming, friendly, and engaging guy with the most winning smile of all time. He's got a certain kind of intelligence and a whole lot of cleverness. I mean, any guy that actually feels a beaming pride in declaring about himself "Dr. Marc Lamont Hill is one of the youngest members of the growing body of “Hip-Hop Intellectuals” in the country," has got chutzpah, don't you think? For sheer naïve audacity alone, I give this self-proclaimed "Public Intellectual" points. I wonder how much making that particular change on my business cards would cost? Something to think about. *chuckle*
Shep "done good". Shep "done real good". Marc Lamont Hill exposed, with his own voice, the uninhibited, sincere, heartfelt beliefs and teachings of the Black Liberation Theology community which have, once again in recent days, been recorded for posterity.
Thanks, Johnny Dollar, for having this clip available.





No comments:
Post a Comment