Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Mexican President Promises To Keep Mexicans At Home

Quite a change from ol' Vicente, eh? I hope President Felipe Calderon, a conservative, will be able to keep this promise on track.

Under Vicente Fox there was always complete disregard for the law: The REAL ID Card (National ID), 15May05

And, of course, I am always reminded of the comic book/pamphlet created and distributed by the Mexican government, under Vicente Fox, which gave explicit instruction on how to cross the border into the USA, complete with maps showing the locations of water stations and danger zones.

I went to the Mexican government's website (Secretaría de Relaciones Exteriores - México) via the link I had retained to the pamphlet back when the story first broke (January 2005) and I am happy to say the link is no longer working.

For a peek at what was inside that pamphlet, a download from Digger's Realm is available here (Español) and from Free Republic here (English).

A person I find reprehensible is Juan Hernandez, an oft-seen commentator on FoxNews, who found the pamphlet to be a necessary and brilliant idea. He's the one that prefaces and concludes almost every sentence with, "my friend" when speaking to anyone. He's obviously a radical Leftist from his commentaries, and may still have some kind of influence within the Mexican government (he used to work for President Fox). He, to me, is smarmy and untrustworthy. He's the type that says whatever you want to hear, constantly smiling, and then tells you to go to hell, in a manner of speaking, with a smile on his face. He's pushing for open borders, but says he isn't. One to keep an eye on, for sure.

No comments: