Smoke 'Em If Ya Got 'Em - Then Quit
I've been seeking other reasons to stop smoking, as if I really need more convincing, habits are difficult to break when they bring you your perceived satisfaction.
So, here I am, just back from a second round of dental surgery with four more to go (the hygienist tells me the needle hurts smokers more than non-smokers - they're not sure why), having my morning peruse through my reader, a Coke and a smoke making the chilly and overcast afternoon absolutely perfect.
Then, thanks to Politico.com, I see this headline:
Corporations Amp Up Giving to Democrats
My periphery catches "RJReynolds" and my heart starts to pound, my eyes straining to look away. But, being the ultimate glutton for punishment, I read the first paragraph highlighted in my reader, and light up my next cig to scan each word slowly and carefully.
Longingly looking to the newly purchased pack waiting at the ready to be opened when the one burning is extinguished, knowing, somehow, it will be my last pack.
Having contributed over $51,000 to RJReynolds over my lifetime, paying them for a habit which will kill me, eventually, it's now time to stop.
RJReynolds' contributing, even that tiny percentage of my money to the Democratic Party will no longer happen. No way. No how.
So, thank you, RJReynolds for giving me so much life-sucking satisfaction over the years, and thank you for the satisfaction of knowing I will no longer be a financial partner in your "Democratic" political vision.
I quit.





No comments:
Post a Comment